4. Schedule regular visits
You might not be able to be together on a regular basis, but you can and should make definitely plans to visit each other. While you’re together, hide some little love notes, secret messages, photos, playlists, small gifts and other treats for the other person to find later.
Some great hiding places: cereal box, stack of dishes, coat pocket, sun visor, lingerie drawer…
5. Pursue some common hobbies together; encourage and support each other
If you both always wanted to run a 10k, start training together, even in your separate locations. Keep each other updated on your progress, and even arrange your first race to be during one of your visits!
Here are some other ideas:
- Bike a century
- Take a class online together
- Play a game together – board games, MMORPGs, whatever works
- Learn to speak a foreign language
- Plan a vacation or trip
- Work on your land purchase together
- Build a website together or share a (private?) blog
- Watch a concert together
- Research each other’s family trees and share your results
6. GET SUPPORT from trusted friends, family, coaches, and mentors
One of your all-time best tools for making it through ANY relationship is the constellation of mentors, coaches, friends, and family members who have your best interest at heart and will listen, advise, feed, distract, and otherwise help you through the long stretches where you can’t be with your honey.
If you don’t have a network of support, get busy building one, pronto!
Author: Claire Casey
Claire Casey is the author of the best selling program, Capture His Heart and Make Him Love You Forever.
Claire Casey shoots from the hip and doesn’t pull punches. She’s devoted her writing to empower women; to help you attract the kind of man who will treasure and protect your heart like the rare and beautiful gem it is.
You can see more by Claire on the Digital Romance Facebook page!